Nature and Coastal Wilderness Conservation
The Sibuya Wilderness Experience offers volunteers the unique and exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience in the conservation efforts of Sibuya Game Reserve. Volunteers will take part in short and long-term projects which are intended to create sustainability for generations to come.
This is the perfect Eco Volunteer Program for you, if you are looking for a meaningful travel opportunity abroad that put your passion for nature, environment and wildlife to good use.
Please download our E-Brochure for more details (e.g. schedule example, team, what to pack etc.)
- Wildlife Tracking & Monitoring: Spend your time immersed in Nature, on the trails of Africa’s Big Five. Regular monitoring and observation enable us to identify individuals, compile information about the family/ herd structure and determine feeding habits.
- Rhino-Watch/ Anti-Poaching Support:Play an active role in the protection of our Rhino by performing Anti-Poaching night-patrols and learn more about their importance and protocol through night drives and sleep-outs on the Reserve that assist in Sibuya’s Anti-Poaching Unit efforts.
- Alien Plant Control & Botanical Surveys:Alien plants were introduced to the land by the farmers of old for different reasons and uses. Today these invasive plants need to be removed to increase the natural biodiversity and to decrease fire risk.
- Marine Explorations, Research & Surveys: Regular trips to the beach for exploration and learning about the coastal Eco-system and how it works will open eyes to the diversity of life that is so close, yet often unnoticed.
- Community Engagement:Our responsibility includes environmental education of the Community as to the role and benefit of conserving biodiversity and further stresses the importance of conserving our natural resources. Regular trips are made into the local Community to raise awareness and assist in various Community Projects.
Team & Volunteers
Together with the team, the Volunteers will be accommodated and hosted at the wonderful Intaka Lodge (situated close to the Reserve). This beautiful 58ha property overlooks a panoramic view of deep valleys and rolling hills with the ocean and bush as a magnificent backdrop. Happy family vibes, expansive grounds to explore and a large swimming pool with BBQ area make it the perfect spot to relax and unwind from the adventures of the day.
Accommodation includes the following:
Shared twin-bedded rooms en-suite (private rooms are available on demand at an additional cost)
Full board (3 meals a day & water, tea and coffee included)
Squash court and table tennis
Laundry Self-Service: washing machines and dryers are available
Find out more about our Volunteer Program
|Room rates.||1 May 2023 – 30 April 2024||1 May 2024 – 30 April 2025|
|Per person per week sharing||15 391||16 468|
|Single supplement rate per week||19 238||20 585|
|Room rates||1 May 2023 – 30 April 2024||1 May 2024 – 30 April 2025|
|Per person per week sharing||14 257||15 255|
|Single supplement rate per week||17 821||19 069|